Monday, August 16, 2010

What's your name, baby?

Good morning!! Tanzi actually let me sleep in til 9:30 today, so I'm in a great mood :D

Although I'm only six weeks, we have officially picked out baby names! We knew we wanted to pick names that aren't too common, but nothing too weird of course. Dustin picked the boy's first name, while I picked the middle name...kind of? I had mentioned it as soon as we found out, but he didn't seem to really like it. Then during a movie one night, we whispered the name in my ear. I was like, "I already said that!" Hahaha! I came up with the girl's name last night while he was at work. I'm pretty excited about it. Oh, and by the way, we are keeping these names secret until it's birthday ;) We WERE going to keep the sex secret, too, but I don't think it could be possible!

I told my sister the news of us having the names picked out, and she said she had a dream about it last night. She dreamt we named our baby "Cheesy". "Cheesy Mack Bishop"! Hahahahahaha Maybe if we were famous??? Not really.

If we have twins, which I highly doubt, then we might run into some trouble. I can't really think of any other boy names I like. Or at least any that haven't become pretty common. We try to get a little creative. Like Tanzi Belle :D

A couple of the other girls names I like are Nora and Amelia, which the hubby didn't seem too excited over...I also really like boy names for girls, like Evan and Ryan.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on baby names? What do you look for and what are your favorites? Any neat family names?

8 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for ya'll having a baby boy named "Cheesy Mack Bishop" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! No one could hate a person named "Cheesy Mack Bishop"! It would be the talk of the town. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheesy! hahaha I think it's SO much easier to find a girl's name that you like. There just aren't that many creative or different but still normal boys' names, if you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a teacher which made choosing names even more difficult...I didn't want to name my baby after some of the lil' rambunctious kids I'd taught. Teehehe!

    I taught an Amelia....only it was spelled with an E...Emelia. She was a sweet and beautiful girl!

    Boys names are hard!

    Bret and I liked the names Kai, Gabe, and Logan...but then again we didn't have a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS harder to come up with a new, uncommon boys' name! My friend recently had a baby boy and named him Hudson-which
    I absolutely love! We have one good name picked out, and if we end up having twin boys by some crazy chance, Cheesy Mack it is!

    I know what you mean about names reminding you people! I came across a lot of names that I really did like, but I kept thinking about snot nosed, stinky kids from elementary school, or a really mean person in high school. A name can really hold a memory! And I LOVE the name Logan, for a boy or girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute name! I don't have a boy so I have never tried to think of a boy name. There are so many options. Have you check babynames.com?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Want to win a pairs of designer denim? Go to PetiteLittleGirl.com for more details

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I have checked that site, along with several others. Also, a have a really good baby name boo. I've been doing my homework!

    ReplyDelete